Tuesday 12 February 2013

Religious Drivel


Surprise, surprise, I found another of those pieces of paper in my jacket pocket. I always hang up my jacket when I come inside, it keeps it nice and smooth for later. Of course, when the boss comes down to give us a talk I always put it straight on again.
Somehow someone had slipped a small piece of scrap paper into my pocket without me noticing. They’d have had to get past me without me noticing at all. I suppose I do get rather engrossed in my work, but still, that’s quite hard to miss.
The paper was rubbish, as is most of the writing around here (pardon my little joke). It looked just like printer paper, was blank, except for the words:
‘There is a time to be born and a time to die
Have you been religious?’
More religious drivel, probably from the same person who managed to give me that pamphlet earlier. Sometimes I hate this district.
The only other thing on the paper was a circle with a dot in the middle. I believe it was representing an eye, to show how ‘God is always watching us’. Bah.
- John Thomas
Office Secretary
Fieldworker Administrations

No comments:

Post a Comment